Ruger went big with its popular Ruger Precision platform and gave us the meaner Ruger Precision Lapua .338 Magnum rifle. In the .338 Lapua Ruger have produced a very reliable, accurate and durable long range rifle.
Ruger states: “These new magnum calibre models pair exceptional long-range accuracy potential with tremendous down-range energy, broadening the appeal of an already very popular rifle. These new chambering options broaden the Ruger Precision Rifle’s utility across a wide range of readily-available ammunition.”
Ruger Precision Lapua .338 Magnum Features
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the butt-stock, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable.
- Ruger Precision® MSR stock features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber butt-pad.
- The left-folding stock hinge accepts any AR-style stock.
- Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Heavy-contour (.875″ at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Magnum Muzzle Brake with tuneable compensator to effectively reduce recoil and muzzle jump.
- The 18″ aluminum free-float hand-guard is black hard-coat anodised aluminum and features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance.
- M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation.
- 30 MOA Picatinny rail.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimise distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- Bolt body is nitrided for corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.
- Barrel can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using headspace gauges.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip when bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16″-24 thread pattern for easy replacement.
- Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the Ruger Precision® Rifle Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard-coat anodised for maximum durability.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° ambidextrous safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Hand-guard includes integral QD sling attachment points to eliminate the need for additional adaptors, a target-style flat bottom that improves stability and an integral bottom 1.50″ dovetail that is compatible with RRS S.O.A.R. and similar QD systems.
- Also includes: two, 5-round AI-Style magazines.
Ruger Precision Lapua .338 Magnum Specs
- Stock – Folding, Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
- Finish – Type III Black Hard-Coat Anodized
- Barrel Length – 26″
- Barrel – Cold Hammer-Forged, 5R Rifling
- Thread Pattern – 3/4″-24
- Twist – 1:9.375″ RH
- Grooves – 5
- Weight – 15.2 lb.
- Capacity – 5
- Height – 7.50″
- Overall Length – 49″-52.50″
- Length of Pull – 12.70″ – 16.20″
- Folded Length – 40.35″
- Width – 3.50″
“The ruger precision has taken over all my precision rifles and is a treat to reload for cheap and hit small targets past 1000 meters”
The low cost of this rifle makes it an attractive purchase, not only for first-time long-distance shooters but also a compelling choice for those already in the hobby. Pair the Ruger Precision Lapua .338 Magnum with an optic and match ammunition and this rifle is difficult to beat.
Shoot further and harder with the Ruger Precision .338 Lapua Magnum for just £2,399 in store.
Call us on 01527831261 to reserve yours today.